This morning I couldn’t sleep in past 7am, so I came downstairs and went onto A.mazon and D.iapers and ordered all sorts of things we need for Roo. My nesting is in full effect!
- Nasal Aspirator – the one that you suck the end of and the boogers come out – sounds so disgusting but apparently works really well
- Rectal Thermometer
- Nail Scissors – I heard that while they sound more intimidating than nail clippers that scissors are actually easier to control and there are fewer nicks on your baby’s fingers (yikes!)
- M.ustela Hair and Body Wash as well as Lotion – a friend uses this and her baby smells so yummy!
- Nursing Pads from L.ansinoh – I got a small pack because there is much debate whether these or the M.edela ones are better, so I decided to try these ones first and if I don’t like them, I’ll try the other
- B.ella B N.ipple Cream
- Br.avado Silk Seamless Nursing Bra – I really need some new bras so I decided to go with a general sizing bra in hopes that it’ll fit once my milk comes in
- Infant hair brush and comb set
- Soothie pacifier by A.vent – I don’t know if we’ll use it but I decided that I’d rather have it and be prepared than not have it and wish that I did!
I really wanted to buy a night light but the one that I want is sold out so I need to wait for it to come in again.
I already have gotten the “big” gear and so I’m starting to focus on the little stuff! This is actually fun!
One of those baby planning emails that I get told me a few weeks ago that I need to start packing my hospital bag. WHAT?! Already? I’m not ready but I’ve started to think about it. This morning, I also placed an order for non-slip socks for the hospital. I think I’ve got the rest pretty much here at home (other than snacks for MH and post-partum granny pa.nties, which I need to go buy) and just need to choose a bag and put everything in it.
Of the “little” things that babies require, moms who’ve been there and done that, is there anything that I’m missing that I should purchase before Roo arrives?
Oh! We ordered our glider yesterday. I found an independent baby store in Bellevue and found a B.est Chair glider that is under $500 and comfortable for me. I let MH choose the fabric that he liked the best so that he could feel a part of the process (not one that I would have chosen but it doesn’t really matter to me). So, we have all of the major nursery items that Roo needs for her room. We’ll make a final decision on which shade of lavender to paint her room today. I got a call yesterday from the delivery company and Roo’s dresser/changing table arrives later this week.
It’s all coming together!
Hope you all are having a great weekend!