Thanks to one of my lovely readers, Lisa at The Pursuit of Pregnancy, I was given the One Lovely Blog Award. Check out Lisa’s blog to follow her story.
- Share who gave you this award to you with a link back to their blog (above).
- Write down 7 random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to 15 other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on your blog.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. I have s stuffed dog that I’ve had since I was one that I slept with throughout my life. I don’t sleep with him anymore but when I’m sick or super sad I pull him out of his box and snuggle up – silly at age 36 but I don’t care. I hope that Roo can have a special friend too! I’ve already decided that I’ll get two of Roo’s favorite and rotate them out so we never have to worry about her lovey falling apart!
2. If I had unlimited funds, MH and I would quit our jobs and start a travel blog. I’ve traveled to 24 countries and 34 of the United States. I would love to travel to all of the continents on the globe! I feel very lucky to have been to so many places around the globe – in part thanks to my parents who gave me the travel bug but also because of work. The most remote places I’ve been are South Africa for my 30th birthday (thanks M&D!) and Nepal, where I went after a break up in 2008.
3. I write a public blog, which has been terribly neglected and has lost most of its readers because I focus all of my time on this blog. I just lost interest in writing about what turned into really mundane things when I was “obsessed” with having a baby. TTC consumed my thoughts and I couldn’t write about anything other than TTC and then I got pregnant and I couldn’t write about anything more than getting pregnant. I am considering shutting down my other blog and just keeping this one up. I don’t really want to be public about Roo blogging. I want to keep her life private.
4. I sometimes daydream about moving to the country and finding a way to survive in a tiny town – like in the romantic novels I read when I was in my 20s. There’s something to be said about getting out of the rat race. MH and I have sort of done this by moving from SF to Seattle but Seattle isn’t the small town that I dream about in my head. I think about a seriously tiny town in Vermont or Maine or somewhere remote in Montana. Silly daydreamer, right?!
5. I wish I had more confidence! I often fake it ’til I make it with my confidence. I have suffered from insecurity since I was little. I don’t know if it is because I surround myself with super confident, successful people or if it has something more to do with my own emotional make up but I am not as confident as I act on the outside.
6. After I’m done having kids, I would consider getting a small boob job…I love my boobs but I think there’s something sexy about a little more cleavage than my pre-pregnancy boobs provide. Plus, MH is kind of a boob guy!
7. I’m afraid of heights – I used to be totally unflappable but at 17 something changed in me and I became fearful of things including heights. I was at the top of a black diamond hill skiing with my dad and brother and something stopped me from skiing down the hill. So, I took off my skis and walked all the way down. I’ve only gotten back on skiis two or three other times since then and I’ve never gone on a hill harder than a blue square.
I have so many wonderful followers and many of whom are bloggers. I like these types of “chain blog” things but I know some of you don’t like them at all, so I just encourage all of you to share seven random facts about yourself either on your blog or in the comments here. It’s nice to get to know each other beyond infertility and pregnancy!