Temperature Drop and BFNs


Well, alas, my instincts are proving to be correct once again.  Darn it.  I woke up this morning with a temperature drop.  Yesterday’s waking temp was 98.9.  This morning I woke up to a 98.5.  That’s a huge drop and one that I believe is a sign of an impending period – at least once I stop taking the progesterone.  I suspected this though because I’ve taken two Internet HPTs.  One on Friday and one yesterday.  Both were STARK white.  Plus the fact that I had pretty much ZERO symptoms is a pretty big sign in itself.

I’m upset but not as upset as I thought I would be.  However, I usually get REALLY upset as soon as AF truly shows up and I think that will be the case here too.  I’m also disappointed to say the least.  I was counting on this working.  But, if I admit it, I knew deep down inside that it didn’t work.  I know that MH is going to be upset too.  He might even be more upset than me this cycle.  I know he was counting on it too.  And, I know that last night as he blew the candle out on his birthday cake that he wished that I am pregnant.  Sadly, my body is failing me once again this cycle and I won’t be able to make his wish come true.

I know that I’m a newbie to this whole infertility thing but I was hoping and praying that I would be one of those lucky ones.  One of those lucky ones who beats the odds.  But, I guess that I’m not.  It makes me effing mad.

So, I need to prepare my list of questions for my doctor at the CD3 ultrasound:

  1. Is 7.5mgs a day of Letrozole too much?  My lining was almost too thin and the follicles were HUGE (over 30mm when I triggered).
  2. Should I get a HSG if the IUI doesn’t work after this next cycle?

I don’t know what else to ask.  Any ideas?

I also got the courage to reach out to the Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine, thanks to my new friend, Lisa.  I’m going to follow through and complete the paperwork and request for my medical files to be sent to them.  It might be time to see what a different set of experts say about my case.  I know that it is early but it can’t hurt.  I’m tempted to also see what the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine says but that consult will cost $$$, so I might wait for another cycle or two to bust before shelling out additional funds.  We’ll see.

I guess I see what so many courageous women dealing with infertility have done before me and I see some of them saying that they wished they were more aggressive at the start.  So, should I be more aggressive now?  At the start?

Advertisements

Please share your story

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s