The two-week wait (TWW) post IUI seems to be the longest of ever. I can’t believe that it is only 3 days post IUI. Maybe it is because I’m a newbie here with IUIs and infertility in general. Maybe it is because I am working only a few hours a week right now and I have a LOT more time to fill during the day. Whatever it is, this TWW is going to be a long one.
I’m trying to find ways to fill my time and help this TWW fly by. Here are some ways that I am going to spend my time:
- Reading – I went to the library yesterday and borrowed books on growing my freelance business, raising a well-trained puppy (we really want a dog when we move and can have a pet in our home), and a new cookbook
- Cooking – using my new cookbook from the library, I’m going to make some delicious meals for MH and me during the next 2 weeks! Do you have any good recipes that I should try to make?
- Walking – after my miscarriage I got super nervous about exercising and so I stopped running and only walk now; I hope to go for a walk every day
- Reconnecting with friends – infertility and our loss in December has made me more introverted (aka depressed) and I’ve withdrawn a bit; I need to get out there again and reconnect with my friends!
- Meditating – I want to learn to mediate to deal with my stress; now is a good time to start, right?!
- Organizing – MH and I hope to move in the next few months; I can start to get our apartment organized and be ahead of the curve
- Blogging – it is a good time for me to write more and connect with other bloggers both in the IF world and in my non-IF world (yes, I’m in the IF closet and I shouldn’t be but I’m here because I respect MH’s privacy – he doesn’t want me to share openly yet)
How do you make the TWW pass quickly?!